Sunday, April 29, 2012

And Again!

I really don't know where these breakthroughs come from.

Literally over a week of trying to debug, and then three little lines after 20 minutes of code exploration fix everything.

I was going after our problem of "liquid sim explodes after a while," figuring that "code doesn't reset properly" could take a backseat for now. It's only after I gave up in frustration and took a stab at the reset thing that I was able to make any progress. Fixing the reset thing took under half and hour, and by doing so I ended up fixing both problems. Ugh.

Here's some video of a water sphere and a "faucet" running (in real time - not recorded). Maybe not the most elegant thing ever, but... Looks good to me! Feels pretty good, too.


 

The next step (I assume) is joining Christine on level sets and maybe then adding on some bells and whistles to the finished product. Though to be honest, with this little time left and finals starting up tomorrow, I'll be grateful if we get the level sets working properly in time.

That's all for now,

Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment