Monday, April 30, 2012

En route to level sets?

Soo I've been reading pretty much every document about level sets published online trying to make sense of it all because math is not my thing, and finally I decided to actually start writing code. I had been confusing myself with the 100 different ways that people do level sets, but I seem to have made some progress. I have cell centers drawn as yellow if they have a positive signed distance and pink if it's negative. I want to do narrow banding next, and tomorrow we're going to start investigating marching cubes. I haven't gotten a screen capturing software yet and we haven't worked out the frame rendering, so I made two super makeshift "animations". You get the idea though.... I threw in a couple stills afterwards as well since they're actually probably better to look at. As always, it's a work in progress. I'm just super happy we figured out the blowing up for the most part (Yay Jason! Stupid AMatrix...)







No comments:

Post a Comment